Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Can't Get This Outta My Head

   Do you ever just get a song stuck in your head and no matter what you do, you can't get it out? The tricky thing is that sometimes you don't exactly want it to get out of your head, because you really like the song, but at the same time, it's driving you nuts. And then you have this war inside of yourself every time you get onto YouTube, because you want to listen to that song again, but somewhere deep inside, you know that replaying it will only make it even more impossible to make it go away!
   I've been going through what was described above all of Easter weekend.
   There's this singer/songwriter/musician named Regina Spektor and she is so incredibly amazing. You might know of her song, "The Call", because it was the credits song for the Chronicles of Narnia movie "Prince Caspian". That song is really breathtaking, and when I first heard it, I went crazy for it. It really got me.
   Even though I loved that song so much, I never really listened to any other songs by Regina. I guess I just didn't think of it at the time. So, I sort of forgot about her. That is, until last Thursday.
   I was listening to my Sara Barellies station on Pandora, just minding my own business and enjoying the music. Then, suddenly, a catchy, upbeat song started sneaking through the speakers of my computer. A breathy, beautiful voice started singing wonderfully written lyrics, and I immediately knew that that would be my new favorite song.
   The song is called "Fidelity" and it's a break up song. Now, before you start rolling your eyes, thinking 'Man, I wish girls would stop writing stupid, pathetic, sit-in-your-room-and-cry songs', take a deep breath and keep reading. Instead of being a song of revenge or remorse, it's actually one that shows the relationship as something really beautiful. Though she is brokenhearted, Regina doesn't regret the relationship, and she makes that very clear. She cherishes the moments that were good and she won't ever forget them.
   How refreshing is that? A song about a girl who is facing a really tough time in her life, but that doesn't involve keying her exes car, hooking up with his best friend, or crying so much that her face eventually melts off! Amazing, isn't it? So, I highly recommend you go check out 'Fidelity' by Regina Spektor. I'll put  link below to the lyric video. I hope you like it, because I know I did.

Fidelity

No comments:

Post a Comment